A background check is only as good as the records in the database. The firearms industry's ongoing FixNICS campaign was launched in 2013 to encourage states to report to NICS all records that establish someone is prohibited from owning a firearm under current law.
- FixNICS: Firearms Industry Victories
- FixNICS: Looking Forward
- Why the Firearms Industry Opposes so-called “Universal Background Checks”
- Mental Health Community Support for FixNICS
- Improving Availability of Relevant Executive Branch Records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)
- Dept. of Health and Human Services, HIPAA Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)